This program presents leading edge concepts associated with performance planning, measuring, monitoring, enhancing and rewarding performance at the organizational, business unit, teams and individual levels.
Issues addressed in this program include organizational performance planning, linking performance management processes to business strategy, the performance management system and process, measurement, individual motivation and the links between rewards and performance.
Our Performance Philosophy
Aligning the following core components lead to sustainable high performance
Business Direction & Guiding Principles
Higher level goals, strategic plans and organisational guiding principles are agreed and communicated down through the organisation
Clarifying And Agreeing Roles
Agreeing each individual’s responsibilities within the team and within the organisation’s performance management process
Creating Alignment To Business
Creating detailed line of sight individual performance plans and ensuring that these are tightly aligned to maximise collective performance
Measuring & Monitoring
Selecting what to measure means being focused on the outcomes that matter most to you and your business and are therfore most worth measuring
Enabling and Enhancing
Getting the desired outcomes through addressing the critical performance enablers of Capability, Opportunity and Inclination.
Assessing and Evaluating
Performance data is analysed, reviewed and compared with plans to arrive at actionable conclusions to show how operational “line of sight” measures up to tactical measures and then to strategic measures
Recognising & Rewarding
For most employees many factors other than pay, such as recognition, feedback and opportunity, have a tremendous impact on motivation and performance.
Participants the workshop with concrete action plans. The organization and participants benefit from learning how to:
- Make the transition from a performance appraisal environment towards a performance management environment
- Develop and implement performance improvement plans for employees as part of the performance management process
- Identify possible causes of under-performance and provide practical steps for performance recovery.
- Handle defensive communication effectively, and utilize techniques of interactive management to create a positive appraisal environment.
- Give and receive feedback constructively towards enhancing individual performance improvement and development
- Create a healthy balance between the attainment of organizational and individual goals.
- Comply with the current legal requirements when dealing with under-performance issues.
- Based on research on the current practices in performance management
- Practical case studies for maximum relevance and application realisation
- Interactive workshop curriculum including appraisal role play and performance coaching and counseling scenarios
- Emphasis will be on how people managers and team leaders play a key role in aligning people performance with organizational goals
- Can be adapted to specific organization needs